- Colorectal Surgery
- General Surgery
Dr Andrew Malouf completed extensive post fellowship training across the UK in both England and Scotland including a Colorectal surgical Fellowship at St Marks. During his time at St Marks Hospital, Dr Malouf ran both the Anorectal Physiology lab and the Incontinence clinic for 3 years. He has extensively published in numerous peer reviewed journals on pelvic floor disorders, rectal prolapse, colorectal malignancy and contributed heavily to the junior doctors training schemes at Wollongong Public Hospital.
Since returning to the Illawarra close to 20 years ago Dr Malouf has built a reputation as one of the most senior and experienced specialists in the area.
Dr Malouf ‘s expertise allows him to treat a wide variety of patients with numerous medical conditions with a particular interest in:
- Colorectal Cancer Surgery
- Upper and lower therapeutic endoscopy
- Advanced robotic and minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Rectal Bleeding
- Faecal Incontinence
- Anorectal disorders and haemorrhoids
- Anorectal fistulas
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Rectal Prolapse
- Capsule endoscopy
- Functional gut disorders
- Minimally invasive hernia and gall bladder surgery
Dr Malouf has been a consultant surgeon at Shellharbour Private Hospital for 19 years offering a wide variety of services and treating hundreds of local Illawarra patients yearly.
- MBBS (Sydney) 1987
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons 1995
- Colorectal Surgical Fellowship, St Marks Hospital (London, UK) 2000
- FRACS, MBBS