- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr David Cossetto is a very experienced joint replacement and reconstructive surgeon who has been in private practice on the South Coast of New South Wales since 1996.He has performed over 5000 hip and knee replacement procedures, and has an interest in direct anterior approach hip replacement surgery andcomputer navigated and patient specific total knee replacement.Dr Cossetto obtained his MBBS from the University of Sydney in 1986, followed by an FRACS in 1996. He was made a fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association in 1998. Dr Cossetto participated in joint replacement training in the United States prior to entering into private practice. He currently is an instructor for direct anterior hip surgery and has peer reviewed publications in international orthopaedic journals.
For over 20 years, David has provided quality care to his patients, and remains passionate and committed to providing a high level of care whilst helping his patients attain the best possible outcomes. In his spare time, David enjoys guitar playing and snow skiing.
- Bachelor of Medicine,Bachelor of Surgery (The University of Sydney) - 1986
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Orthopaedics) - 1996
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association-1998
- Diploma of Modern Languages in Italian (University of New England) - 2006
Areas of Interest:
• Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
• Computer Navigated and Patient Specific Instrumented Total Knee Replacement
• Revision Total Hip and Knee Replacement
• Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder Surgery
• Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- MBBS(Syd), FRACS(Orth), FAOrthA, DipModLang