- Geriatric Rehabilitation
Dr Atif Shahzad is a Rehabilitation Physician and provides consultancy in rehabilitation services in Shellharbour and Port Kembla.
Dr Atif Shahzad obtained his Bachelor Degree in Medicine from Khyber Medical University (KMU) in Pakistan in 2002. In 2008, Dr Atif Shahzad moved to Australia and continued to gain experience working as a Postgraduate Fellow in Rehabilitation Medicine. He had further training at Wollongong Hospital, Port Kembla Hospital and Spinal Rehabilitation Unit at Prince of Wales Hospital.
He is a Fellow of the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (Royal Australasian College of Physician) since 2019.
Dr Atif Shahzad has a special interest and expertise in Spinal Cord Injury and related Spinal Rehabilitation Management. He is affiliated with Illawarra Spinal Cord Injury Service based at Port Kembla Hospital and offers a comprehensive service, including specialist consultancy.
Dr Atif Shahzad is also offering specialist consultancy for chronic pain at Shellharbour Specialist Centre, Shellharbour Private Hospital.
In addition to his private practice, Dr Atif Shahzad has appointments as a Staff Specialist at Port Kembla and Wollongong Hospital and as a Clinical Lecturer with the UOW School of Medicine.
Dr Shahzad is fluent in English, Urdu, Hindi, Pashto and Punjabi. He enjoys travelling, photography and calligraphy.
I have focused my career on providing the best possible care in rehabilitation medicine for patients with complex needs. Also, my vision is to reach out to people with disability and provide information, support and resources about their health care.
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine (Khyber Medical University (KMU) - 2002)
- Fellow of the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (Royal Australasian College of Physician)
- Member, Australian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (AFRM) NSW Regional Committee
- Member, Rehabilitation Medicine Society of Australia and New Zealand (RMSANZ)
- Member, International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ISPRM)
- Member, International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS)
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Spinal Cord Society (ANZSCoS)
- Member, The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Clinical Lecturer, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Wollongong, NSW Main Areas of Interest
Areas of Interest
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Complex disability including Spina Bifida
- Neuro-Rehabilitation for Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Stroke
- Chronic Pain
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Geriatrics Rehabilitation
- Trauma Rehabilitation
- MBBS, FAFRM (RACP)